[PD] Basic send historical issue 32 bits / 64 bits

Jean-Marie Adrien jm.adrien.mnt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 07:00:40 CET 2022

Hello list

Upgrading some old historical patches I wrote twenty five years ago (yeah, some of you were not born!) with having two instances of PD extended 32 bits communicating with each other, via
{netsend} and {netreceive} objects.

The need was to send from one instance two the other a message in the classical form of a message with (label_name float float float …> structure
It was done the following way in that time

				{pack s f f f f f f}   ->   {l2s}    ->   (send $1>   ->     {netsend}

Make a package,
convert  in symbol,
send to nestend via 			(send $1> argument of netsend

Then in the other instance
{netreceive}              ->              {route  label1 label2 …}.                -> 				{send label1}  {send label2}   etc

Net receive output directly connected to
route object with as argument any possible label
Delivering as many send labelx objects further to the second pd instance

Route accepted this format receiving from pd32 bits.
Doesn’t work anymore.
I’ve red somewhere that the type of objects in pd was historically a bit awkward in the view of Miller concerning lists and messages.
Red again the old manuals, didn’t get it really better than 25 years ago, saw that something has changed in the past concerning the send object :)

Could some one tell me what is the correct way to solve this basic and easy issue today, with a perfect style ?
Need to have it work quickly :)

See patch  below !
Thanking you
JM

#N canvas 244 38 1124 706 12;
#X obj 272 264 r outmess.local;
#X msg 273 313 send \$1;
#X obj 275 360 s \$0-localnetworkstatus;
#X obj 274 337 netsend 1;
#X obj 273 291 l2s;
#X obj 90 277 r \$0-dureemontee;
#X obj 106 301 r \$0-dureeplateau;
#X obj 120 323 r \$0-dureedescente;
#X obj 57 204 r \$0-vol;
#X obj 53 226 t b f;
#X obj 50 378 s outmess.local;
#X obj 50 352 pack s f f f f 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1;
#X msg 37 187 10;
#X msg 51 251 notesalle;
#X obj 485 256 netreceive 3000 1;
#X obj 564 769 s notebips;
#X obj 580 748 s rampdown;
#X obj 597 725 s rampup;
#X obj 613 701 s notevents_sl;
#X obj 630 681 s notephone;
#X obj 647 660 s notealarme;
#X obj 663 639 s Bips;
#X obj 680 616 s Phone;
#X obj 697 594 s Alarme;
#X obj 713 573 s Vents_sl;
#X obj 730 550 s Poesies;
#X obj 763 509 s Barre;
#X obj 780 487 s notebarre;
#X obj 797 467 s Cafe;
#X obj 813 447 s notecafe;
#X obj 830 426 s Cyber;
#X obj 847 405 s notecyber;
#X obj 863 385 s Salle;
#X obj 882 363 s notesalle;
#X obj 747 529 s notepoesie;
#X obj 484 285 route notebips fade_out fade_in notevents_sl notephone
notealarme Bips Phone Alarme Vents_sl Poesies notepoesie Barre notebarre
Cafe notecafe Cyber notecyber Salle notesalle;
#X connect 0 0 4 0;
#X connect 1 0 3 0;
#X connect 3 0 2 0;
#X connect 4 0 1 0;