[PD] [PD-announce] 🎄 Ugly Patch Contest 2023 🎄 Call for submissions 🎄

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Dec 22 13:43:59 CET 2022

Dear fellow patchers,

(please distribute in your favorite peer-group, on discord, telegram,
IRC, fb, twitter^Dmastodon, whatever)

it's the time of the year where one reflects on their past achievements.
A perfect time for reviewing patches you have written in 2023 (or 2012;
or whenever).

You might notice that would looked like a perfectly nice patch, is no
longer digestible. You are not alone.
So why not share your experience?

I would therefore like to invite you to submit patches for the "Patch
Beauty Competition 2023".

https://discipline.puredata.info/upc2023

They tell us that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, so I'm looking
for ugly patches instead.
If you have any patches lying around that you are not proud of, please
submit them.
If you have any patches lying around that you *are* proud of, submit
them nevertheless.

The patches are going to be used in an online survey - the community
decides.

But fear not: patches are going to be anonymized, to the extend that
it's no longer possible to guess their original function (or author).

If you are interested (or not) please head over to
   https://discipline.puredata.info/upc2023
for instructions on how to send in patches.

Cheers and a merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Hogswatch/Kwanzaa/Pancha
Ganapati/Saturnalia/Winter solstice/Yalda/Yule or whatever you celebrate.

gdras
IOhannes