[PD] Help with window error loading sfont~ external

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:14:30 CET 2022

Hi everybody! There's this issue we're having a hard time troubleshooting
and I hope Windows and Pd experts can help figuring this out!

So, a user is having issues loading the [sfont~] object from ELSE in Pd on
Windows, even though me and others cannot reproduce the error. When trying
to create the object, he gets:

H:\JOE-W10\Documents\Pd\externals\else\sfont~.m_amd64: La procédure
spécifiée est introuvable (*The specified procedure is not found*).
(127)
 sfont~
...couldn't create

An error window also pops up and says:

"*Entry point not found *
*The DllMain procedure entry point is not found in the dynamic link
library *
*H:\JOE-W10\Documents\Pd\externals\libfluidsynth-3.w64.*"

I don't know what this error means and why me and others don't get this
error!

Of course we did troubleshoot installation and everything but we still
can't figure it out and I have ZERO experience with windows.

It is important to note that the user reports he can use PlugData which
carries ELSE and the object works just fine. The similar [fluid~] object
(equally based on FluidSynth like sfont~) also works when used in the
PurrData installation, but the user is also having problems loading fuild~
in Vanilla.

A screenshot and further discussion is found here
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/issues/1405#issuecomment-1368250330

Thanks
Alex

AND HAPPY 2023!!!!