[PD] curly braces in Pd

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 8 19:40:06 CET 2023

On 1/7/23 03:20, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Hi, so, I 'm working with OSC and found out in the specifications you can
> use something like /{foo,bar} to mach either /foo or /bar as addresses.

note that the OSC-specs allowed for a large number of address patterns
with built-in matching.
in practice i think many implementations lack the more complex pattern
matching. iirc, most implementations just implement the '*' for an
entire address part (that is "/foo/*/pizza" but not "/foo/b*/pizza".

but then my memory might be missing a few bits, at least a casual check
with liblo shows that it's pattern matching code indeed implements {}.

gfmadsr
IOhannes