[PD] verbose object search paths not displaying unless debug4?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 24 19:27:59 CET 2023

On 1/24/23 17:36, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to trace the non-loading of an external, iemguts in my case.
> I enabled verbose messages either in the "Path" preferences or by the command
> line flag. Nevertheless the familiar dump of all the places that are
> being searched is not displayed unless I enable verbose mode 4. Is this
> intentional and has this behavior been modified recently?

i guess it was part of the logpost-refactoring:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1389

iirc, the outcome is that with "-verbose" you get an extra level of
verbosity beyond "debug"¹

to be honest, i think that it's not asking too much to add both
"-verbose" on the cmdline *and* raise the log-level in the GUI.
(but then: i typically have set my log-level to "4" anyhow)

gfmdsar
IOhannes

¹ well not only; there's still the possibility to output at an "error"
level if and only if "-verbose" was given. but the general idea is what
i wrote above.