[PD] [hidio] on Windows 11?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:56:54 CET 2023

Hi,

trying to help someone to use [hidio] on Windows11 with a USB game
controller. The object loads
fine, prints the device list but throws an error therein for device 18:
	[hidio] ERROR: Could not get HID attributes.

Trying to open random devices (as I can't figure out the correct number
from the above print result) I get errors such as:
	[hidio]: could not get device #5: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)
or
	[hidio] could not device 4
or the object crashes Pd.

Is anyone successfully using hid, is there some permissions issues with
windows and HID devices?

Thanks!
Peter