[PD] Pd Vanilla 0.53.1 is crashing under GNU/Linux

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 28 00:28:18 CET 2023

On 1/27/23 21:40, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> does your patch crash if you disable the [cyclone/midiformat] object?

ah well, at least for me disabling [cyclone/midiformat] just prevents
data to be sent to `[midiout]` which indeed crashes.

the simplest crasher i've found with regard to this is:
```
[loadbang]

[176, 7, 100(

[midiout]
```

and run this patch with `-nomidi`.

I'm not sure whether this is the root cause for *your* problem, but at
least it prevents me from digging any deeper for now.

i've submitted a fix for the issue *i've* found in the 'develop' branch
on github.

could you try to compile that version of Pd yourself and see whether the
problem persists?

fmsad
IOhannes