[PD] Pd Vanilla 0.53.1 is crashing under GNU/Linux

Linux ROUEN Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Sat Jan 28 18:51:05 CET 2023

Hello IOhannes,

Disabling [else/sfont~ -g 0.3] by doing [#else/sfont~ -g 0.3] is also
making the trick. Pd is no more crashing when my SMS Vanilla patch is
opening.

As I wrote it here-below:
"I will further investigate my patch as I was obliged, for the time
being, to add some glue to [else/sfont~] for avoiding Pd crashing as
long as there is no SoundFont loaded.
See this ISSUE <https://github.com/porres/pd-else/issues/1441> for more
information."

So, the new potential culprit is now the [else/sfont~] object.
After adding my "anti-crash glue" I was able to have it working for days
BUT then I surely made a modification in it and I missed its side effect
when reopening the path.
I will keep you posted about my find.

Q: Do you thing what you found out about [midiout] is still relevant?

I'm very sorry for having kept you so busy with my problem.
Thank you very much.
Best, Joe