[PD] [pd~] subprocess: unknown audio API specified

Phil Stone pksmusic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:06:23 CET 2023

Hello all,

(Further adventures with [pd~]): I have my ‘polywavesynth’ synthesizer working with [pd~]; well, except that…no sound comes out!

- The message ‘unknown audio API specified’ is displayed in the subprocess pd window.
- I have the two audio outputs of the subprocess wired to a 2 channel [dac~], and there are no audio inputs to the subprocess.
- The parent process is using PortAudio, and the subprocess appears to (correctly?) have no audio API selected.
- The subprocess Audio Settings show that the input device is unchecked and is called ‘input device 1’;
- The corresponding output device is checked and says ‘(same as input device)’.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Phil Stone
Davis, California  USA