[PD] [pd~] subprocess: unknown audio API specified
pksmusic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:22:41 CET 2023
I see this same behavior with the pd~-help patch (‘unknown audio API specified’ message, and no audio output), so that rules out my synthesizer’s contribution.
Could somebody please verify that they can get audio output from the subprocess in the pd~-help.pd patch?
I’m on a M1 Mac, if that’s relevant.
From: Phil Stone <pksmusic at gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 10:06 AM
To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
Subject: [pd~] subprocess: unknown audio API specified
(Further adventures with [pd~]): I have my ‘polywavesynth’ synthesizer working with [pd~]; well, except that…no sound comes out!
- The message ‘unknown audio API specified’ is displayed in the subprocess pd window.
- I have the two audio outputs of the subprocess wired to a 2 channel [dac~], and there are no audio inputs to the subprocess.
- The parent process is using PortAudio, and the subprocess appears to (correctly?) have no audio API selected.
- The subprocess Audio Settings show that the input device is unchecked and is called ‘input device 1’;
- The corresponding output device is checked and says ‘(same as input device)’.
Am I doing something wrong?
Davis, California USA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pd-list