[PD] [PD-announce] PuREST JSON 2.0.0 "Medea" released

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Tue Jan 31 12:31:16 CET 2023

Hi Tobias,

On 31.01.23 08:47, KHM Mail wrote:
> when using the external, [rest], [oauth] and [urlparams] are not working.
> Error shows:
>
> Library not loaded: '/opt/homebrew/opt/json-c/lib/libjson-c.5.dylib'
> Referenced from: '/Users/XXXXXXX/Documents/Pd/externals/purest_json/rest.pd_darwin'
> Reason: tried: '/opt/homebrew/opt/json-c/lib/libjson-c.5.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libjson-c.5.dylib' (no such file)

As Roman has mentioned, there is version 2.0.1 only for Mac OS, because
2.0.0 did not include libcurl in the package
(https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/issues/76), but that is not the
case here.

It looks like the libraries are not linked correctly, because it should
search for the dylib file first in the same folder, but that is not the
case here.

As I do not own or have access to a Mac, maybe this has something to do
with security hardening in current Mac OS X versions, try run Pd with
the -verbose flag, and look for output on the Pd console.

Are there lines containing the following:
"file system relative paths not allowed in hardened programs".

See also the conversation about this bug report:
https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/issues/51

Hth,
Thomas
--
"Prisons are needed only to provide the illusion that courts and police
are effective. They're a kind of job insurance."