[PD] DSP crashing - PD freezes.

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:54:27 CET 2023

On Mon, 2023-01-30 at 20:03 +0100, Denis Połeć wrote:

> Does anyone else experience this issue?

I have access to macOS 10.14.6 and I experience issues with CoreAudio,
too (none with JACK, though).

> I have tried older versions, but I am getting the same result.

Me too: 0.53-1, 0.52-2, 0.51-4, 0.50-2

>  Is this an issue with Ventura? Can someone reproduce this?

I'm not sure what exactly triggers it, but after touching the audio
dialog, CPU usuage of pd process jumps to 100%, but aside from fan
noise, Pd seems to work still normally.  It takes quite long to shut
down, once it is in that state. It appears the behaviour is reladed to
using callbacks (checkbox in the audio dialog). When callbacks are
disabled, things seem to work normally and CPU usage stays low.
However, with callbacks turned on CPU usage jumps to 100% and Pd
freezes after turning DSP off.

I believe I had one incidence where restarting Pd after having saved
audio settings with callbacks disabled still resulted in high CPU
usage. I purged the configuration files org.puredata.* in
~/Library/Preferences and saved audio settings again with callbacks
disabled.

Roman