[PD] GOP auto-moving issue with Pd Vanilla 0.53.1 under GNU/Linux and Windows

Linux Rouen Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Sat Feb 25 16:06:00 CET 2023

Hello List,

In one of my project I have the same weird issue under both GNU/Linux
(Linux Mint, Ubuntu Studio, Manjaro Linux, Raspberry Pi OS) and Windows
with the use of Pd Vanilla GOP.
It's moving/jumping down/up (y axis only) when maximizing/minimizing its
windows or changing its y size with the mouse.
See here attached animated GIF file (zoom-out) realized with a RPi 400.

This is true for both zoom-out / zoom-in level.
But its parent patch doesn't have this weird behavior. The x,y position
of the GOP is not impacted at all.

Removing from its parent patch all the objects, inside + outside the
GOP, doesn't change this weird behavior.
Note that trying to reproduce this problem from scratch with very simple
patches+GOP is not always giving the same result. Sometimes it's okay
but sometimes not. Random behavior seems to be around.

Is there a known bug in Pd Vanilla or something wrong in the design of
my patch regarding GOP?

Thank you. Best,
Joe-Rouen