[PD] Attaching Xcode debugger

Pierre Alexandre Tremblay tremblap at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 23:25:40 CET 2023

Ok I got it to work - there was on colon missing in the article, so here are my steps to make the downloaded Pd linkable to the debugger:

1) extract the current pd executable entitlements (don’t forget the colon before the path as this is an option to remove the blob)

codesign -d /Applications/Pd-0.53-0.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd --entitlements :/tmp/pd-entitlement.xml

2) open /tmp/pd-entitlement.xml should start it in Xcode. Add this key to it and save

<key>com.apple.security.get-task-allow</key>
        <true/>

3) replace the entitlement back with this code:

codesign -s - --deep --force --options=runtime --entitlements /tmp/pd-entitlement.xml /Applications/Pd-0.53-0.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd

Voilà! Link pd (not Pd) to your debugger and you’re as happy as me!