[PD] Sometimes all data-structures are redrawn

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 22:48:27 CET 2023

On Thu, 2023-03-09 at 22:14 +0100, João Pais wrote:

> Redraw times when opening patches (counted in my head):
>
> - 2 - 15s
>
> - 3 - 0s
>
> - 4 - also around 15s, this seems to be the reference value no matter
> which other patches are opened.
>
> This on W10, Thinkcentre, 2x2Ghz, 16Gb Ram.

Ok, thanks for testing.

> My clicktracker patch (which is one GOP object) takes ages to load
> now,
> it wasn't like that a couple of months ago. (nothing changed in it
> during this time)

Interestingly, only redrawing takes long time with data structures.
When loading the example patch, the scalars are drawn almost
instantaneously (and they are created on the fly at loadbang).

So, I suspect slower loading time is a separate issue, probably
unrelated to the redrawing. You could load your patch in a previous
version  of Pd to check if it makes a difference.

Roman