[PD] Sometimes all data-structures are redrawn

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 21:55:18 CET 2023

On Wed, 2023-03-08 at 00:13 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> As a follow-up on the matter, I identified to conditions that trigger
> redraw:

> [draw{symbol,number,text}]
>     or [{draw,filled}{curve,polygon}] are created before the [struct]
> oject
>     of the template

> containing $0
>     like $0.fruit (!).
>
> $0 seems to be treated specially, since using $1, $2, etc. is not
> affected. Also, it doesn't help to put [struct $1 float x] into an
> abstraction [mystruct $0.fruit].

I thought I might could skip using $0 in structs by creating them as
singleton and reference that (instead of the localized $0-version) in
all instances of the abstraction. But then I noticed that I'm often
using the outlet of [struct] to detect clicks.

Assuming I have spread scalars of the same [struct] to different
canvases, is there a way to detect from the click message which canvas
the click originates from? In other words: Is there some way to
associate a pointer to a scalar with the containing canvas?

Roman