[PD] phase locked loop

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 10:32:11 CEST 2023

Hi Charles, SImon, list,

On 27/03/2023 04:51, Charles Z Henry wrote:
> My proposed scheme and patch are to have a low freq
> 2-pole bandpass filter L below the range and a high freq bandpass
> filter H above it, so that over the 2 octave range of each bass
> string, you get one signal +90 degrees out of phase and the other with
> -90.  So, if you can find the ratio between their amplitudes, you can
> find the frequency.

The [hilbert~] abstraction that comes with Pd has two all-pass biquad
filters that give outputs approximately 90 degrees out of phase from
each other, so calling its two outputs x and y, phase can be
approximated with atan2(y, x) and amplitude with sqrt(x^2 + y^2).
I don't know whether it works as-is for bass frequencies though - maybe
needs a [deephilbert~] version?

Claude
--
https://mathr.co.uk