[PD] [leapmotion] how to get focus?

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Wed Apr 5 14:03:11 CEST 2023

Windows 11, PD-53.1
SDK:LeapDeveloperKit_2.3.1+31549_win

PD-console:
Leap Motion Listener: Initialized
Leap Motion Service: Connected
Leap Motion Connected Device: LP32497879452 v1.7.0

****************
[leapmotion] for Pd version 0.2.3
Forked from version 0.1 by Chikashi Miyama
Updated by William Brent (Dec 2022)
****************

Leap Motion Service: Connected

Leap Motion Controller: Focus gained
Leap Motion Controller: Focus lost

Leap Motion Controller: Focus gained
Leap Motion Controller: Focus lost

Leap Motion Controller: Focus gained
Leap Motion Controller: Focus lost

i've been trying to get leapmotion-help working, with minimal succes.
where the leapmotion diagnostic visualiser shows my hands representation
all the time,
[leapmotion] does not report anything from the controler,
 and now and then prints the messages focus gained/focus lost.

only a few times suddenly a frame with general data showed up,
 with or without a change of position for the button in the cursor-test.

why, i don't know. i cannot reproduce it, whatever i do with my hand(s).

the siamese appearance of the gained/lost messages gives the impression
(to me) there's some 'secret magic' needed for [leapmotion] to get
focussed.

what am i missing or doing wrong?

rolf