[PD] [PD-announce] WebPd 1.0.0 alpha released !

s p sebpiq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 17:04:06 CEST 2023

Announcing the first alpha release of WebPd 1.0.0 !

WebPd is a highly modular compiler for Pure Data, allowing to run .pd
patches on web pages. It converts the audio graph and processing
objects from a patch into plain human-readable JavaScript or
WebAssembly which can then be integrated directly into any web
application.

So far :

- 120 objects implememted (https://github.com/sebpiq/WebPd/blob/main/ROADMAP.md)
- An online patch player and compiler (https://sebpiq.github.io/WebPd_website)
- Several compilation outputs : JavaScript, WebAssembly, WAV, etc.

Test the new WebPd with the online compiler
(https://sebpiq.github.io/WebPd_website) or using the CLI
(https://github.com/sebpiq/WebPd/#using-the-cli). Many patches won't
work yet, as many features are still missing and many bugs are still
waiting to be found. I'm counting on your input and your bug reports
to move this release closer to a 1.0.0 ! The project is also welcoming
motivated contributors (doc is still mostly missing, but I can help
you getting started).

More info about WebPd here (https://github.com/sebpiq/WebPd).

Many thanks to Guillaume Pellerin & Guillaume Piccarreta from IRCAM
WAM team, and to Thor Magnusson & Francisco Bernardo from University
of Sussex for their invaluable support in pushing this through.

Many thanks also to the sponsors : IRCAM & the DAFNE+ project
(https://dafneplus.eu/), University of Sussex, and all the generous
donours at open collective (opencollective.com/webpd) 💜.

Please use and share 💖 !

--
Sébastien Piquemal

 ----- @sebpiq