[PD] object for showing images with a better quality than gif (like ggee/image) ?

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Mon Apr 10 04:38:25 CEST 2023

Buttons or knobs with JPGs (or other picture formats) would be a great
addition for making a good looking user interface.
When making a button it would be great to have the option for adding an
alternative picture directly for on/off instead of writing complicated code in
Pd.

One thing that Pd is really bad with is putting things in the background (for
background pictures) or in the foreground for e.g. a button on top.
Also placing the picture from the top left corner (normal for canvas) makes
more sense than from the center (as it is the case with [ggee/image]) to me.

Changing the size of the image would be awsome!
It's very timeconsuming going back into the graphics editor to change the
picture to fit the exact size each time you change your mind about the
placement and size.

Ingo