[PD] Pduino issue?

Rick Snow ricksnow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 23:28:22 CEST 2023

Hello list,

I am helping someone use pd with an arduino mega.  They would like to use all of the digital output pins.  I’ve used pduino in the past in this way and not had trouble, but I seem to be bumping into something now.

I started by using the arduino help patch.  StandardFirmata sketch on the Mega.  Connection via usb works fine.

I set all the pins to output by sending "pinMode 2 output” -> “pinMode 45 output” messages to the arduino object. No errors.

Then, I use the messages “digital 2 1” “digital 2 0” -> “digital 45 1” “digital 45 0” sent to the arduino object to check the pins.  When checking with a multimeter I am not able to get output from pins 2-7.  I do get output from 8-20.  Between 20-40 some pins work and others not at all.  Other pins will turn on but not turn off.

Checking the pins using a simple blink sketch shows all the pins working fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate!

Cheers,
Rick