[PD] Pduino issue?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 10:53:44 CEST 2023

On Thu, 2023-04-13 at 16:28 -0500, Rick Snow wrote:

> I am helping someone use pd with an arduino mega.  They would like to
> use all of the digital output pins.  I’ve used pduino in the past in
> this way and not had trouble,

Also with a Mega?

> but I seem to be bumping into something now.

What version of pduino are you using? Most current is 0.8.

Also, if an older version of pduino worked fine with the Arduino Mega,
what version was that?

> I started by using the arduino help patch.  StandardFirmata sketch on
> the Mega.  Connection via usb works fine.
>
> I set all the pins to output by sending "pinMode 2 output” ->
> “pinMode 45 output” messages to the arduino object. No errors.
>
> Then, I use the messages “digital 2 1” “digital 2 0” -> “digital 45
> 1” “digital 45 0” sent to the arduino object to check the pins.  When
> checking with a multimeter I am not able to get output from pins 2-
> 7.  I do get output from 8-20.  Between 20-40 some pins work and
> others not at all.  Other pins will turn on but not turn off.

What happens if you specifically send 'pinMode 45 output, digital 45
1'? Or you use any other pin that seems to be not working correctly
with your setup. Also, there is 'pinState' message for querying the
current state and there is the 'capability' message that triggers a
report of all supported modes of all pins. So, I would like to know if
the non-working pins report of themselves to support 'output' mode.
Then, if you set their 'pinMode' to 'output', do they actually report
their 'pinState' as 'output'?

> Checking the pins using a simple blink sketch shows all the pins
> working fine.

Ok, so you can be sure the board is working.

> Any advice would be greatly appreciate!

I don't own an Arduino Mega and I don't know how well [pduino] is
tested with that board. I certainly haven't tested it ever.
This makes it hard for me to reproduce the problem. If you can give a
hint that the problem is in the software, that would help.

Roman