[PD] [leapmotion] how to get focus?

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 20:12:32 CEST 2023

Is the controller not working with any software, or only not with
[leapmotion]? I had the same issue of the controller not lighting up when I
ran the LEAP 2.3.1 installer, but I documented this extra step in the
[leapmotion] INSTALL.txt that fixes things:

When running the installer, a popup warning appears about missing graphics
drivers. This can be ignored. When installation is finished, navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Leap Motion\Core Services\Drivers
and run dpinst64.exe to install 64-bit drivers for the Leap Motion
Controller.

For me, this extra step installs the drivers correctly and the device
lights up/is recognized afterward. I just went through this process again
on my W10 machine with no issues, and [leapmotion] works fine after that
fix. Could you report specifically on your results of trying that?