[PD] Pduino issue

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 22:33:37 CEST 2023

On Mon, 2023-04-17 at 15:14 -0500, Rick Snow wrote
> Thank you all for your thoughts regarding this issue.

Right now, I don't have anything to offer that would help you. But you
seem to have established that the hardware works and it seems the
problem lies in the protocol or the transport. Single messages work,
but when sending them in bulk they get corrupted.

In the source of comport.c, I find the line 132:

#define COMPORT_BUF_SIZE 16384

Assuming this defines the buffer size for sending data from Pd to the
serial line, I think it is unlikely you hit a buffer overrun. Also, it
seems comport is not threaded which makes me assume that it would
simply block Pd if its buffer gets full.

What version of [comport] are you using? Have you tried different ones?

You could try a different (lower) baud rate. For that you'd have to
adapt the [arduino] abstraction and the StandardFirmata sketch. Both
are set to 57600.

Also, what does it need once the communications break? Do you need to
power off the Arduino Mega before you can restore a working
communication? Or does it help to close and open the serial port
connection?

Roman