[PD] midi file into [text sequence]?

Linux ROUEN Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Sun Apr 23 15:24:37 CEST 2023

Hello Alexandre,

Yes, [else/midi] v.1.0.0 rc-7 can do it, but... It's Text format is not
fully time-wise compatible with [cyclone/seq] v.0.7.0 output.

Examples using the same MIDI file saved as TEXTE file:
[else/midi] -> file.txt with delta time (ms) between 2 successive lines
39.0625 153 53 0;
46.875 151 84 0;
0 151 81 70;
13.0208 145 36 11;
5.20833 153 81 66;
0 177 1 0;
0 225 0 64;
39.0625 153 81 0;
65.1042 153 81 56;
39.0625 153 81 0;
65.1042 153 51 51;
39.0625 153 51 0;
65.1042 153 81 59;
39.0625 153 81 0;
0 145 36 0;
65.1042 153 81 58;

[cyclone/seq] -> file.txt with cumulative delta time (ms) from the
beginning of the song
7565.1 153 53 0;
7611.98 151 84 0;
7611.98 151 81 70;
7625 145 36 11;
7630.21 153 81 66;
7630.21 177 1 0;
7630.21 225 0 64;
7669.27 153 81 0;
7734.37 153 81 56;
7773.44 153 81 0;
7838.54 153 51 51;
7877.6 153 51 0;
7942.71 153 81 59;
7981.77 153 81 0;
7981.77 145 36 0;
8046.87 153 81 58;

It would be useful if both MIDI Sequencer objects can directly share the
same Text format, for both file.txt and object's [print output], so
previous files.txt done with [cyclone/seq] can be directly reused with
[else/midi].

Thanks.
Best, Joe