[PD] [menubutton] bug on W 11 machine

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 3 18:09:24 CEST 2023

Am 3. Mai 2023 16:31:09 MESZ schrieb oliver <oliver at klingt.org>:
>Fred Jan Kraan wrote:
>

>> It might also be a change in the Pd (non-public)-API, but it is good to eliminate other possible causes.
>
>Hasn't there been a new TK version lately ?

Nah. The (supposed) problem is, that something changed in the way Pd send messages to TclTk.
That's unrelated to the actual Tk version.

And indeed I refactored the Pd<->GUI communication.
This should not affect GUI-externals that do all the communications by themselves, but those that use *some* helpers and assume a certain format might be affected.

>To me it really feels like a TK-related issue, it's written in red in the PD console.

Well that just means that TclTk couldn't make sense of what it is being told (eg you are accessing a non-existing "tag", because the actual name of the tag has changed)

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes