[PD] pd~ set audio API on linux

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 6 10:18:22 CEST 2023

Am 5. Mai 2023 21:57:37 MESZ schrieb Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>:

>[pd~] is designed to pipe audio through the subprocess. The code does not (or rather should not) allow the subprocess to use a real audio device. Ideally, we should disable the "audio settings" and audio API entries in the "Media" menu for subprocesses, as they don't have any meaning in this context.

And just for the record: of course Christof is right (like always), and with my previous answer I did not want that "mediasettings" would make things to start working magically.
Only if changing the audio backend is possible somehow, then "mediasettings" allowed you to do so programmatically and with a well-defined interface.

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes