[PD] update on Gem for Apple Silicon?

Andrew Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Thu May 11 00:40:09 CEST 2023

Open GL is pretty much dead, and as I understand it, Gem is built on Open
GL. Apple deprecated OpenGL years ago, and it will be removed at some
point. Metal is the API for Apple these days, and Vulkan is the open source
replacement for Open GL. No idea if Gem will move to either of these.

https://venturebeat.com/games/apple-defends-end-of-opengl-as-mac-game-developers-threaten-to-leave/#:~:text=For%20now%2C%20Apple%20is%20deprecating,on%20devices%20with%20older%20OSes
.