[PD] Number atom box limits overstepped

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:18:08 CEST 2023

Hello list,

after all this time, I just noticed something which I'm not sure if it
was always like that or it changed without me noticing it: in atom boxes
one can define the lower/upper limits, which work when dragging with the
mouse, but don't work when inputting a number or sending a message - the
numbers go further. Since usually these limits are there to make sure
that unwanted information doesn't go further, wouldn't it make sense to
make those limits work on all cases?

For what it's worth, I checked on Max and that's the behaviour there. It
seems strange to say "here are the limits, but in this and that
situation they're ignored".

Best,

Joao