[PD] Number atom box limits overstepped

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Thu May 11 14:30:01 CEST 2023

Joao,

IIRC, some objects in pd-extended, like hsliders,
would always respect the limits whether dialed-in, or
when coming from an input.

When i finally switched to vanilla, I noticed the same thing,
limits were not respected on the inputs, and a lot of my patches broke.

I don't know whether the "sensible" behavior was ever in the
mainline branch, or only in -extended.

It would be nice if we could request the sensible behavior in a PD patch.
I know it's always hard to change the behavior of an object w/o breaking
compatibility with older patches.

But it would be nice to be able allow a checkbox that says
"enforce limits on inputs" (which is the sensible thing).

BH