[PD] updated hid object?

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu May 25 19:07:22 CEST 2023

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with using my mouse with the relatively old [hid] (from
2004) on my Debian with Pd 0.49.0.

The main problem is that  "open by device type" is not working and I have to
search the device number each time.

I have some automated method for searching but it still takes up too much
time when restarting frequently.

Once I have the device number it works very well well, though!

(I need 6-8 different mouse buttons . . . )

I remember seeing something a while ago about either a new or updated
alternative [hid] object.

However, I'm not sure what it was and I don't remember if this was even for
Linux at all.

Making a quick search didn't give me any results.

Can anyone enlighten me if there is something working more reliably with
finding the  mouse without havin to search manually each time?

Thanks

Ingo