[PD] Linux/Manjaro: use system file manager insteado of tcl/tk one?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed May 31 14:57:39 CEST 2023

On 31/05/2023 12:58, padovani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to change the behaviour of PD to use the system file
> manager (Dolphin [https://pasteboard.co/3M8II8KNYusE.png
> <https://pasteboard.co/3M8II8KNYusE.png>] or Nautilus
> [https://pasteboard.co/I4iBUqqcBAXH.png
> <https://pasteboard.co/I4iBUqqcBAXH.png>]) when opening / saving patches
> and other files instead of the painfull tk
> (https://pasteboard.co/0YVTUU6uUV44.png
> <https://pasteboard.co/0YVTUU6uUV44.png>) one?
>
> Have recently switched from mac and this specific PD idiosyncrasy is
> taking me much more time to patch.

In case it's useful helpful... This small plugin more-than 10 years old
GUI plugin which I made and uses Zenity, still works (I still use it on
Manjaro KDE - and even then it's much better than the default Tk dialog
- as it's always been sitting in my pd externals default directory):

https://gitlab.com/lorenzosu/pd-zenity-opensave-plugin

Note that this will only strictly work with Pd (patches) open/save and
e.g. *not* with [openpanel] or [savepanel]

Lorenzo