[PD] example needed: rfft~ into magnitudes AND phases AND back

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 21:27:37 CEST 2023

Em qui., 1 de jun. de 2023 às 06:49, Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com>
escreveu:

> Thanks Cyrille, that's a good hint! I think it should in fact be
> [expr~ atan2($v2, $v1)] to work with signal vectors blockwise.

yup, and that's what [else/car2pol~] does, which I had referred to before
as a vanilla solution.

> Now I am wondering if I should/need to unwrap the phases still...

depends on what you're doing and how you are converting things back to
cartesian form (else/pol2car~ is vanilla and doesn't need wrapping). you
could use wrap~ and just convert to the range from 0-1 in the input and
then resize back on the output.

cheers