[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.54-0 test 1 released

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 19:12:59 CEST 2023

So great, can't remember being this excited about a release, thanks!

A few things. Looks like we have the double precision app. At least deken
detects *Darwin-amd64-float64* and Pd refuses to load my externals.

By the way, I hope there is time to merge the branch where both float32/64
live together!

Sigmund~ is still at version 0.7 in the code, but this is a newer version.
And I don't get the version printed anymore when loading the object as it
used to do. Somehow the post doesn't happen.

In the new tabbed preferences we have 'path preferences' / 'startup
preferences' / 'audio preferences' / 'midi preferences' / 'misc
preferences'  and I think it is redundanct to have 'preferences' al lthe
time, wince we are already under the "preferences" window. We could just
have  'path' / 'startup' / 'audio' / 'midi' / 'misc' instead.

I also hope there is time to include at least the 'font weight' settings in
'misc' as I proposed.

I hope and wish we can also add message methods to change the multichannel
settings of [clone], see https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/2004

cheers