[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.54-0 test 1 released

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 21 21:08:37 CEST 2023

On 6/21/23 20:18, Christof Ressi wrote:

>>> Anyway, my take-away is that a simple runtime check for Tcl/Tk 8.x+
>>> could be a viable solution.
>> This pretty much exactly describes what is happening in the current
>> master branch.
>>

>> I'm slightly baffled that the default is to*not* use tabs, because
>> iirc it should use them.
>> But then, the choice whether you get tabs or not can be overridden via
>> GUI preferences, so maybe I just forgot to reset then at some point...
>
> Note that Windows and Linux currently also use non-tabbed preferences by
> default. From your mail I gather that this is just an oversight?

it is definitely not intended behaviour.

however, i just tested current 'master' (on Debian/Sid with Tcl/Tk-8.6.13):
after wiping my GUI preferences, and starting Pd, I definitely get
tabbed behaviour.

maybe it's after all some weird configuration on your side?
or do others experience this as well?

gmdasr
IOhannes