[PD] HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jul 9 12:58:15 CEST 2023

Am 9. Juli 2023 03:17:29 MESZ schrieb Linux ROUEN <linux.rouen at free.fr>:

The nice things about desktop apps is that they try to hide the disgusting stuff from launching programs as much as possible from the user... So in the worst case you end up with no application stating at all, or only seeing a brief glimpse of some window.

So the first thing I would try, is to run the nonworking k program in an environment that would actually let me see what goes wrong.
In the case of windows that would be the CMD terminal (I was born before the internet was a thing; younger Mund might prefer the powershell).

- <Windows>+<r> to launch an arbitrary program
- type "cmd" press and <enter>
- navigate to the Pd\bin\ directory
- launch "pd.com"

Read the errors (and other things) and report the interesting things...

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes