[PD] HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

Linux ROUEN linux.rouen at free.fr
Sun Jul 9 17:07:36 CEST 2023

Hello IOhannes,

Unfortunately the situation is still the same than previously even with
"pd.com -stderr -verbose".
No printout in the CMD terminal and I can't run Pd Vanilla 0.54.0.

Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.19045.3086]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.
C:\Program Files\Pd\bin>pd.com -stderr -verbose
     "blank line" for about 1 second
C:\Program Files\Pd\bin>

After further searching on my PC, I was able to find the Windows AppCrash
report (in the hidden C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive)
for this test which is here attached: "AppCrash_pd.com_Report1.wer" file
(text format).
As we can see on lines 29-32 the culprit (direct or indirect) seems to be
the "ntdll.dll" module.
This is true for both the installed version (C:\Program Files\Pd\bin) awa
the portable version (H:\JOE-W10\Desktop\pd-0.54-0 Portable\bin) of Pd
0.54.0.

Can somebody understands this pd.com crash report and gives directions for
further investigations?

Thanks, Joseph