[PD] Fwd: HELP: Pure Data Vanilla v.0.54-0 under Windows 10 22H2 64-bit is not running!

Linux ROUEN Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Tue Jul 11 12:01:31 CEST 2023

Hello Lucas and Christof,

How can I refuse a so honest proposition for running Pd in a debugger
under Windows 10!
At over 70 years old I'm always ready for learning new technics and
methods, as long as I'm understanding what I'm doing. 😛
So, I will install MSYS2 + associated and will process further.

Understood for WASAPI.

After having a first look at the docs, I have some preliminary comments
/ questions:
- MSYS2 (https://www.msys2.org/)
The Install instructions for Windows seem to be okay.

- Debugger back-trace
(https://nc.nubegris.com.ar/index.php/s/JwEjrPDEyP53oL7)
The described steps seem to be for Arch Linux or fork distributions and
not for Windows?

- Link to get Pd-0.54-0 with debug symbols
(https://nc.nubegris.com.ar/index.php/s/eKrTbHE4iyqAgAg)
Opening this pd-0.54.0-debug.zip (10.5 MB) file looks like for Windows.
But, for example, its Tcl/Tk and Wish files versions are '85' when in
the portable version of Pd 0.54.0 they are in '86' version? So at least
for them we will not compare apples with apples!

- Any other things you can think about for helping a new player in the
Debug area...

I also want to contribute solving this mystery! 😉

Thanks. Best,
Joseph Gastelais