[PD] [resend] Re: For info: 3 minor issues with Pd 0.54.0 and ELSE 1.0-0 rc-8 under Linux Mint 21.1

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 17 12:44:46 CEST 2023

(one shouldn't write mails on a mobile phone when trying to clarify
things; it tends to add autocorrection noise, which might make the
"clarification" even harder to understand. so i'm re-sending this,
hopefully with typos fixed)

On 7/16/23 14:10, Linux ROUEN Normandie wrote:
> Duly noted!

On re-reading I figure that I came across rougher than intended...

My point was really:
2. Yes, there's a warning about obsolete objects, but it *is* somewhat
hard to deprecate something, document its existence, warn about the
deprecation and at the same time *not* emit a warning in the interactive
documentation of an instance based programming language such as Pd. (the
hard part is doing all of the above at the same time)

3. (The answer to this point sounded even gruffier, but what I meant
is:) people have requested to enlargen the font size a bit, so that's
why we changed it. However, it is possible to override these new
defaults (using preferences), if they don't fit your workflow.

Sorry.

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes