[PD] Calling for Pd Windows installer tests.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:43:30 CEST 2023

Hi Joseph,

I'm following your case and it's the cause for having a "safer"
installer for good.

In your case we know that pd.exe or pd.com (these are the ones we filter
via tasklist.exe) refuses to open because is blacklisted by the OS so
detection is not working as expected (for your case, of course).

> Is it safe in my case to run your 'Pd-0.54-x.windows-installer.exe' to
> see if I can get Pd 0.54.0 finally working on my PC ?

You could try it but I expect it won't work because all files, are taken
from Miller's builds and pd.exe, pd.com and pd.dll are the exact same
ones you got blacklisted.

But if you desperately need 0.54-0 you can use the installer new tool
and do this pseudo install:

IIRC you could run the GDB-Pd[*] app you got from

     https://nc.nubegris.com.ar/index.php/s/eKrTbHE4iyqAgAg

- uncompress the folder somewhere in your machine

- run the test installer

   - get into: "Repair Pd(64) defaults to open .pd files and exit"

     - select the main folder of your extracted GDB-Pd[*]

       - voilà: now .pd files opens with that Pd which is rather the
same you get with the app installed. Note that you don't have any start
menu, desktop short-cut, and other stuff so to start the app you only
need to double-click on any .pd file. (and yes, with this tool all
subsequent double-clicks on .pd files opens in the same Pd instance)

[*] this app contains a 32bit tcl/tk. AFAICT the only thing that does
not work is the dnd-plugin.

Lucarda