[PD] [pgmout] and [pgmin] values above 128 (127)?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 17:12:11 CEST 2023

I noticed that both [pgmin] and [pgmout] (MIDI program change) are set
to allow maximum values of 128 (127 actual midi sent, counting from zero).

As there is software which is able to send and receive program changes
greater than 127 I'm wondering if this could be changed.

While MIDI (1.0) Program Change messages are notoriously bound to 7
bits, at least in Linux it seems ALSA sequencer is happy to send/receive
program changes with a value greater than 127 so maybe this could be
supported in Pd (for Linux) as well?

Lorenzo