[PD] MIDI / STATUS_BYTE / NoteOn - NoteOff Mesage

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:46:53 CEST 2023

> On  Oct 2 21:56:38 CEST 2022 Simon Iten <itensimon at gmail.com> wrote:
> there are “plenty” of polyphonic aftertouch controllers on the market,
some of the newer MPE hardware controllers
> use CC messages for this though.
https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/midi-polyphonic-expression-mpe). some of
them
handle release velocity https://vital.audio/  for a
> free example), so i would not exactly say this is that rare. and also it
will get more common again i guess.

> > On 1 Oct 2022, at 15:36, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Cool, but not a 'classic keyboard' controller. I don't know any modern
one with release velocity, and also
> > with polyphonic aftertouch (at least a decent/proper one that is not a
pad and actually uses pressure after
> > you press the note).

Hey Simon, looking back on old messages here on the list. Do you know any
modern controller with release velocity which is not part of MPE? I suspect
this is coming back as a thing now for MPE controllers.

cheers