[PD] Relative Db measurement

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Nov 4 10:27:35 CET 2023

Am 4. November 2023 10:05:22 MEZ schrieb "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com>:

>I'rather be interested in the difference between [samphold~] and
>[snapshot~]. They seem to almost do the same thing to me.

[snapshot~] does a signal->message conversion (so it's output will only ever come after (actually before, but that's nitpicking) a block boundary, whereas [samphold~] is a signal->signal object (which you can use to downsample (with a sample-and-hold algorithm, hence the name) your input signal at an arbitrary rate).

If you drive the [samphold~] object with a [phasor~] at block-frequency you about the same output as driving a [sig~] with [snapshot~] (but hey, both an [osc~] and a [phasor~] have comparable output when run at sr/2)

mfg.sfg.jfd
IOhannes