[PD] Separation of concerns

Dafydd Hughes dafydd61 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:47:10 CET 2023

Hey all

Long time! I hope you’re well.

I’ve recently found myself wanting to use a performance patch which
consists of a bunch of graph-on-parent abstractions I’ve built on both my
laptop and a Raspberry Pi with a small touchscreen, and am of course
finding the laptop versions impossible to use on the Pi. I figure the best
approach is to write a backend abstraction for each, then multiple UIs that
I can swap out depending on the situation.

Has anyone here done this? Would you be willing to share your work or some
tips? I started the job last night and I’m having some success, but wonder
if I’m missing some really obvious patterns that would make the whole thing
more elegant/usable/less likely to fall apart in performance.

Cheers
Dafydd