[PD] alsa crashing on recent Pi OS

Linux ROUEN Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Fri Dec 1 16:23:59 CET 2023

Hello Yann,

On my side I'm running an up-to-date RPi OS 11 32-bit Bullseye (Full
version) since ~ 2 years on an overclocked RPi 400 (RPi 4 @ 2.4 GHz with
an embedded keyboard + 4 GB RAM).
I'm building Pd from its source currently latest v.0.54.1 ('apt-get
install puredata' gives you an old version of Pd), and my MIDI/Audio
patches are running smoothly with an external cheap USB Audio adapter.
When I will have access to my RPi 400 I will run your patches and will
report.

Screen capture done on Linux Mint 21.2 - Choose this RPi OS Full (or
Lite) for your tests:

I haven't tested RPi OS 12 64-bit Bookworm (Full) yet on my RPi 400.
Like you I have red there are a lot of changes and especially with the
Audio
<https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/bookworm-the-new-version-of-raspberry-pi-os/>.

Best,
Joseph Gastelais