[PD] 2D radio buttons object or abstraction?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 17:31:39 CET 2023

Em qui., 14 de dez. de 2023 às 12:39, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hi Alex
>
> On Thu, 2023-12-14 at 12:14 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> > It will happen eventually, as a full compiled object.
>
> [mtx.ctl] is a pretty neat abstraction. Why do you want it to rewrite
> as a (from a user perspective) immutable object?

Virtually all of GUI objects in ELSE should ideally be compiled objects and
I didn't do it yet cause tcl/tk is a nightmare and I havent figured it out
quite well... a couple of things I'd like is to have a nice properties
window. Another nice thing could be easily resizing by click and drag. For
mtx.ctl, I wanna have another option with knobs instead of toggles, to make
it a matrix mixer... now that I have a nice compiled [knob] object in Pd,
that can happen.

> I can modify and adapt
> an abstraction and see how it works internally.

Good, it's there for you to have fun even if it gets replaced :) and github
preserves history