[PD] receive UDP message from 224.0.0.1

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:25:46 CET 2024

Ok, this would be a bug then. It *should* work but perhaps we need an additional flag when setting up the socket on Windows. When we did the networking handling refactoring, I'm pretty sure we tested this on Windows. What do you think Christof?

Do the multicast examples in the netsend and netrecieve help files work? For example, you start the multicast receiver in one and send to it form the other help?

> On Jan 11, 2024, at 11:15 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 22:15:00 +0100
> From: Jo?o Pais <jmmmpais at gmail.com <mailto:jmmmpais at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] receive UDP message from 224.0.0.1
>

>> Are you opening with the following message?
>>
>> [ listen 57120?224.0.0.1 <
>> |
>> [ netreceive -u -b]
>>
>> The address is within the multicast range, so it needs to be given to
>> netreceive in addition to the port.
> It doesn't work in windows, but it does in ubuntu - although windows is
> my main work system. (latest Pd version on both)

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>