[PD] Deken not showing ELSE external and others on Raspberry Pi with Debian 12

Linux Rouen Normandie linux.rouen at free.fr
Sat Feb 3 20:07:07 CET 2024

What I said about 2 months ago is:
- At that time the main used RPi OS was/is v.11 32-bit (based on Debian
Bullseye).
- This OS was/is largely used on all RPi H/W, either 32-bit and/or
64-bit capable.

Since RPi OS 12 64-bit (based on Debian Bookworm) became official on
11th Oct. 2023
<https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/bookworm-the-new-version-of-raspberry-pi-os/>,
this one will slowly but surely replace RPi OS 11/12 32-bit on the
compatible hardware; i.e. 3B, 3B+, 3A+, 4B, 400, 5, CM3, CM3+, CM4,
CM4S, and Zero 2 W.

My RPi 400 (4 GB RAM) has a chip-set which can run both 32 and 64-bit OSs.
Up to about 2 months ago I was only running under RPi OS 11 32-bit, as
recommended by the RPi Foundation (64-bit was not considered as being
enough completed).
Now I'm also running under RPi OS 12 64-bit but this one is still buggy
vs. the previous 32-bit version.

Regarding Pd/Deken (I built it from the source code), I was obliged for
both RPi OS 11 32-bit and RPi OS 12 64-bit to change the default
platform to a user-defined platform to be able to get access to a larger
externals offer.

During my Pd 0.54-1 compilation under RPi OS 12 64-bit I got:
pd 0.54.1 is now configured
     Platform:             Linux
     Float size:           default
     Deken identifier:     linux-arm64

After my today RPi OS 12 64-bit system update, I have:
     OS: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) aarch64
     Host: Raspberry Pi 400 Rev 1.0
     Kernel: 6.1.0-_rpi8_-rpi-v8
                 -when just few hours ago I had-
     OS: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) aarch64
     Host: Raspberry Pi 400 Rev 1.0
     Kernel: 6.1.0-_rpi7_-rpi-v8
           -when just after this OS installation I had-
     OS: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) aarch64
     Host: Raspberry Pi 400 Rev 1.0
     Kernel: 6.1.0-_rpi6_-rpi-v8

I hope this clarifies a little bit my previous writings. 😉

The Pd/Deken platform detection issue remains open.