[PD] spring modeling/scanned synthesis

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 02:18:24 CET 2024

Em ter., 20 de fev. de 2024 às 14:32, cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net> escreveu:

> Le 20/02/2024 à 17:10, Alexandre Torres Porres a écrit :
> >

> > Em sáb., 17 de fev. de 2024 às 07:01, cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net
> <mailto:ch at chnry.net>> escreveu:
> >
> >     if you put 1 mass and 1 spring, you have a 1st order filter.
> >

> > hmm, ok
> or maybe a 2nd order, since it can resonate. sorry, I'm not good at
> filters.

No worries, by the way, I really liked that [tong~] abstraction that used
[cpole~] to create a damped harmonic oscillation, I'm using that for
"spring like" signals and writing an external for it. Also by the way,
[vcf~] is based on [cpole~] so it is quite similar, but [vcf~] has a gain
compensation so the maximum gain is at 0dB.

I know a little bit about filters and will try to investigate more. I've
been avoiding physical modelling for ages and it seems its finally time to
dig in :)

cheers