[PD] hid objects on linux/mac/win? hidraw on linux? hidraw parsing?

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:42:03 CET 2024

On 13/03/2024 04:11, Albert Rafetseder wrote:
> I sat down and tried my hand at this, what do you think?
> https://puredata.info/Members/albert/USB
> Suggestions welcome, both content-wise and in terms where to best put
> this.

cool.

May be you can link it in https://puredata.info/docs/articles ?

there is https://deken.puredata.info/results.html?name=hidio . This was
the only version that worked for Windows. Martin had make it using
pd-lib-builder (sources are in the deken pkg). I think he knew it would
work on Linux and Mac because it used to. The nice thing is that you can
send stuff to the HID (though i never even attempted to do so). My list
is rather full for the upcoming days but may be you can tell if it
builds on Linux? and that all is working? then we can ask somebody for a
macOS build and test?

Then we can have a repo. I don't have superpowers on
https://github.com/pd-externals but may be we can move it there to keep
it alive. or somewhere else. I think it's the only way to have Windows
to "decodes many of the possible button presses and other events" which
somebody might need in the salad bar.